Located in Hesse Park in Blankenese, the 1936 building ensemble – comprising the listed Hessehaus and the former Blankenese local government building – is being converted to a school site for the private, evangelical Bugenhagen School. The former local government building is furnished with laboratory and technical rooms and extended with an additional floor and sawtooth roof. The renovation of Hessehaus is carried out in accordance with historic building conservation standards. Here many original features are restored. Disabled access to the Hessehaus is provided via a new external lift tower. Stairways and ramps in the outdoor area divide the school grounds up into recreational areas, play areas and pathways.
Size: 6.450 m² GFA
Cost: 8.925.000 EUR
Dates: Completion 2011 (several BA)
Photos: Hagen Stier